The Fast and The Furious: '2fast 2fendalton', or 'Merivale Drift'

It seems to have been a month since my last post. Much has happened, and much should have happened, but procrastination just doesn't want to die (and to be partially honest, if it did, it seems like right now a part of me would die with it, but I'd get much more done) and though I want to kill it, I just haven't got round to it yet - it's on my to-do list.

The Fast and The Furious: 2fast 2fendalton, or Merivale Drift


Tires squealing, the black car suddenly sped off from the small thin capillary like side street adjoining the vein that is Papanui road. Fast approaching the speed of the other cars on the road, the drive furiously slowed, braking fast to avoid a collision with a white van "Heck" said the furious driver, observing the apparent lack of regard for a reasonable driving speed on a Sunday afternoon, while subconsciously acknowledging the common sentiment that the driver of the white vehicle that just narrowly missed an unceremonious nose to tail was either driven by the well known proverbial granny driving home from church, or the not as widely known proverbial 'person looking for real-estate open homes'. As the black car followed the white van to the next set of lights that had recently turned a distinct reddish tone, one of the agents in the black car suddenly turned an even paler shade of pale than normal (not very many people had a tan that winter, there was an abundance of excuses why not, and this guy had a plethora of excuses to chose from not the least of which was that he hadn't yet had a chance to go up to the slopes yet this season all though the base at Mount Hutt was apparently deep.) and pointed at the black smudge on the back of the white van. "Isn't that Van Diesel?" said the pointing agent.

A relative silence filled the interior of the black car as it tailed the white van along that busy street. "Well," the driver broke the silence, "I think we're going to have to find out.". He pulled up along side the white van, which was now looking even more menacing by the minute. "I wonder how he got to Al?" one agent with a heavy eastern European accent thought aloud. Al Greco Katraz was a valuable 'friend' to the agents in the black car, and after having a run in with this Van Diesel character, he disappeared and was never seen again. This greatly annoyed one particular agent who had invented this identity to use when buying certain things that agents buy, and had gotten a lot of flybuys stacked up on that identity. Van Diesel (not his real name incase you were wondering, it was a nickname given by his friends/enemies at his place of employment because he torques alot....) had stolen this identity and had used the flybuys points to redeem a trip to Santiago for who knows what nefarious purpose.

Suddenly the driver realized that the race was on. The light was defiantly of the greenish persuasion, and the white van, now took off like the proverbial mammal of the Chiroptera order from the place of eternal punishment.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Seems from your well-written report, John, that the driver was responsible for most of the dialogue. Why don't you wack a video of the thing together? I'd suggest using Poor Old Lu's Recieve as a part of the soundtrack. And you know, you could leave most of the original soundtrack. Can't lose the dialogue, but you could use extra sounds for some of the "less breathtaking", less fendalton shots.

It must sound awful of me, but I can't for the life of me remember meeting the agent with the heavy eastern European accent...

Strange that...

John Sinclair said...

report??? I'll have you know sir, that this 'report' as you call it was made in the best tradition of fiction writing, and is in no way connected to or affiliated with the truth. I'll get round to putting together a fitting tribute after I finish the ski camp skit that we were filming earlier in the day.

I'm sure that many accents were (ab)used during the high stakes street race.

John Sinclair said...

btw, that link doesn't work.....

John Sinclair said...

Yay, I've just realised that I've cracked the 1000 page visits. I think I will now pour myself a long cool glass of an appropriate celebratory beverage and say three or four rousing 'Huzzahs'.

Andy said...

What sort of appropriate celebratory beverage we talking here John? And yeah, you're right, the link's no good. Blogspot likes randomly sticking http://www.blogger.com/ in front of links you make... Ohh, I know what it was... Roll your mouse over my first link... Check the status bar, and now roll over this link:

pooroldlu.com

Andy said...

Anyway, leaving aside the appropriate celebratory beverage; Why don't you hold off, - and we can make a night of it...

John Sinclair said...

well the appropriateness of a strong cup of coffee would have been negligible, and it isn't traditional for the sinclair family to indulge in kava before the summer solstice, and the local Japanese supermarket was closed so I couldn't get any sake, I think I just had a refreshingly celebratory glass of water.... and the rest of the family was trying to sleep so I was rather subdued in the 'huzzah' department too.

Andy said...

Right. Sounds like you didn't trash yourself then. You need to man. You really need to. 1000 hits mate, I think that calls for something. Why not shout yourself a skiing holiday?...

Si said...

Do you want to name the characters in person?

John Sinclair said...

heck no

Andy said...

John, isn't it about time?...

Andy said...

Hey John,

Check out: my old blog

It's actually bumping your counter up everytime my page is hit!...